Tuesday, June 14, 2011

May's Project (with a bit of March thrown in)

I'm catching up slowly with the newly made item per month. I know i still have yet to post for March..
so here it is - not the best photo - bad hair and I'm not sure about the styling but if i don't post it now it'll be 2012. The pattern is rowan hepburn made with 4 ply wool (which was free with my rowan subscription). So it's a free jumper!

And here is May's
I worked really hard to finish it in time for stockholm. Its called "plain and simple" by Veera Valimaki. It's a simple t-shirt shape with buttons on one sleeve and collar. I didn't do the massive collar it suggested - purely because i started to run out of wool - but i love the finish. Also the wool i inherited from my Grandmother; so in effect it's a free jumper too!

The excitement over free things is going to become a resounding feature over the next year. We're in the process of trying to buy our first house...which means absolutely no spare cash for material/wool so it'll force me to dive into my stash and be creative.
My stash did get a little boost the other day. I was proudly telling Ben how good i had been about going into the local sewing shop (darn it and stitch) and seeing some wonderful pink/orange wool plaid material; how i had resisted temptation and walked away without buying any.
The following week he presented me with a bag full of presents (just because...) and among them was 3 meters of said material! I'm a lucky girl....guess what's going to be in June's post!

No comments:

Post a Comment